Wednesday, March 13, 2013

"Woman of Teal"

Some of you might be wondering why I chose the name "woman of teal" and the meaning behind it.

Well it’s a play on words for “Man of Steel”.  I really wanted something meaningful, powerful and something that would incorporate the ovarian cancer awareness color which is TEAL.  But most importantly something that would represent my mom’s strong and powerful will so that’s how I came up with name “Woman of Teal”.  In my eyes my mom has always been as powerful as a man of steel.

My mother is such a strong individual so I know she will fight and give it her all to get through this.  I will also give it my all and give her all the love and support she needs at this time as she has ALWAYS given me!!  I'm so thankful and blessed for the SPECIAL mother/daughter/bestfriend BOND that we share.  There's no greater feeling in the world than to have a GREAT WOMAN in my life to call MOMMY and yes I still call her that to this day.  My mom has done so many great things for me and she takes so much pride in her family, she is truly the backbone for each of us. Anyone that personally knows Tina knows that she LOVES her FAMILY UNCONDITIONALLY...she will talk you to death about us :-) My mom is a great and wonderful person but unfortunately cancer does not choose good or bad people....this is the hand we were dealt but with God, faith, prayer, love, and support we will be winners at this game.

Love you mom; love you more than I could ever love anyone!

P.S. There will be an Ovarian Cancer Walk in September in Raleigh that I will also blog about soon with additional information. I'm looking forward to creating a team of supporters!
My team name will be Woman of Teal :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment