Friday, January 3, 2014

Update

Well we are quickly approaching one year (Feb 20th) since my mom has been fighting this horrible cancer...the year has flown by!  I'm so proud of her, she is a true fighter and I just hate she has to go through this.  November was one of her toughest months, she felt sick most of the time and in a lot of pain.  Things gradually got better in December and she was back to being herself and even made the comment "I don't even feel like anything is wrong with me"  I could cry tears of joy when I heard that!!  These past 3 weeks my mom was so happy and it truly did feel like nothing was wrong with her.

But as it happens with a lot of people fighting cancer is unpredictable and the days are always so up and down, so this week she has been feeling pain in her left side of her stomach and there is actually a hard spot we can feel.  My mom thinks there might be fluid building up in her stomach again because she's starting to feel the same way like last time it happened (early November).  So more than likely we'll have to take her to the hospital so they can check for fluid and drain it to relieve her pain.  I hope this is not a sign that the chemo is not working and/or the cancer is growing instead of shrinking.....there is a slight possibility that's why fluid build up occurs :-( 

Our next chemo treatment is January 17th, she'll be having a CT scan as well so I'll have a better update in 2 weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment